Potato Sausage Supper
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; layer a third of each of the potatoes, sausage, onions and cheese soup. Repeat layers twice.
- Pour celery soup over the top. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 5-6 hours. Add peas and cook 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 357 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1226mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
May 8, 2015
I loved that it was easy to make and it turned out well, but I didn't care for the mix of the flavors. I think I would use a sweet sausage next time instead of kielbasa. I also forgot to thaw the peas; they cooked fine being frozen.
Apr 25, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this recipe! I had a printed version back before Pinterest and I lost it!! I just got done with a 20 minute search online for it (since I didn't remember what it was called). Oh my gosh- I am so glad I found it. I know what we are having tomorrow... :)
Jul 19, 2013
It was great! Substituted smokies or chicken for the sausage and it turned out great!
Mar 2, 2013
This was so easy to make, and even my picky kids loved it!
Feb 18, 2013
Had anothe recipe in mind for dinner, since it's a blustery day, chose this. Have made this alot, satisfying and delicious!
Apr 19, 2012
This was a good-tasting, quick recipe to make, especially during a hectic week. Thanks!
Aug 29, 2011
My whole family absolutely loves this recipe and it is soooooo easy to make!!!!!
Mar 12, 2011
This was a great quick meal to put together. I added 6 potatoes instead of 4. When the time was up I was concerned at first because the sauce looked watery but after I stirred it and let it set for about 5 minutes it was perfect! Yummy! I will make this again!
Nov 23, 2010
Just make sure you don't OVER cook this. It's really really good when cooked properly.
Apr 13, 2010
This was a dish-o-mush, without much flavor. I wouldn't recommend it.