- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, halved
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Add beans; return to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until the beans are crisp-tender and the potatoes are just tender; drain and cool. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes and onion. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over the salad and toss. Refrigerate. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPotato Salad with Green Beans and Tomatoes
"This was one of the first recipes I ever tried from Taste of Home, and that was years ago. I loved it and still make it every summer. The dressing had a tangy quality that is refreshing and different. And to be honest, I actually prefer this recipe while the potatoes are still warm. Very yummy. Thanks for sharing this recipe."