- 3 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium)
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 11 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Cut eggs in half; chop egg whites and set aside. In a small bowl, mash egg yolks. Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, egg whites, celery, onions and Italian dressing. Fold in mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forPotato Salad with Bacon
"Everyone enjoyed this salad- even me. (I don't like traditional potato salad.) I made it as directed, but I was careful at the end and didn't use all of the potatoes so that it had enough sauce. The green onions were mild and added freshness. Delicious!Update: I have made this several times since I reviewed it. Another trick I learned is to add the Italian dressing to the warm potatoes. It really adds flavor."
"Wonderful flavor!! Everyone who tried this wanted another helping. This has been added to my "keeper" recipe box."
"Excellent salad! However, I prepare it w/yogurt instead of sour cream, and fresh garlic and Dijon mustard."
"salad really good, but I would use 3-1/2 to 4 lbs. of potatoes. I would also use 5 eggs, using one sliced with the center in for garnish, and a little sprinkle of all purpose seasoning. I also boil the eggs along with the potatoes, it saves time."