Potato Salad Bites
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Parsley sprigs, optional
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place potatoes in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Peel two potatoes; finely dice and place in a small bowl. Cut the remaining potatoes in half. With a melon baller, scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-in. shell; set shells aside. Dice pulp and add to the bowl. Stir in the olives, parsley and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and pepper; gently stir into potato mixture.
- Sprinkle potato shells with salt; stuff with potato salad. Sprinkle with paprika. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 151 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 13, 2013
I love this idea! I've made these a couple times, and I too like to leave out the olives. I throw in 1/4 cup finely chopped celery and 2 tablespoons pickle relish.
May 26, 2012
I made these for a "finger-food" luncheon & they were a huge hit! I left out the olives (because I don't care for them) and used miracle whip instead of mayo for a little zip. They took awhile to come together, but well worth the effort. Plus you can make them a day ahead & store in fridge. Be careful how you slice the potato in half, you want to make sure it'll sit flat first. I had a bunch of lop-sided ones on my serving platter :)
May 26, 2012
I made these for a "finger food" luncheon & they were a huge hit. I left out the olives (cause I don't care for them). They took awhile to put together, but they were so yummy it was worth it, plus you can make them a day ahead and store in fridge. Be careful how you slice the potatoes in half, you want to make sure they'll sit flat first...I had a bunch of lop-sided ones on my serving platter :)
Nov 14, 2011
I made these for a family party & they disappeared so quickly. The dicing is a little time-consuming but they were well worth the effort.
Jan 11, 2011
Very tasty! Great to take to a BBQ.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.