"When I make these attractive mashed potato rosettes. I usually double or triple the recipe so I have more to freeze," reports Florence Arbes from Courtland, Minnesota. "It's easy to pull out only as many portions as I need for myself or for company."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; mash potatoes. Beat in the cheese, egg, onion, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry bag or heavy-duty plastic bag. Insert large star tip #409. Fill bag with potato mixture. Pipe potatoes into eight mounds on a greased baking sheet. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen potatoes: Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 6 minutes or until heated through.
To use frozen potatoes: Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 6 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.