- 4 medium potatoes, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Divide the potatoes, carrots and onion equally between four pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with butter; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Bring opposite short ends of foil together over vegetables and fold down several times. Fold unsealed ends toward vegetables and crimp tightly. Grill, covered, over medium coals for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill. Open foil and sprinkle with cheese; reseal for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPotato Pockets
"I left out the carrots and it was wonderful."
"Instead of using butter, we usually spray the aluminum foil with nonstick spray. This cuts out some of the fat and none of the flavor!"
"Our family frequently eats potato pockets alongside grilled chicken, burgers, or steaks. It's a creative way to have potatoes and it's nice not to have to heat up the stove or oven to make them."