Looking for a change-of-pace pizza? Try this one from Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama. She tops a tender sliced potato "crust" with a saucy ground beef mixture and grated cheese. "I've won two honors with this recipe," says Peggy.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the potato slices in a small microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Layer potato slices evenly on a 7-1/2-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and milk. Pour over potatoes. Top with pizza sauce and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato Pizza in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 35