Potato Pepperoni Dish
"Here's to another way to get that popular pizza taste into an everyday menu," reports Marlene Muckenhirn from Delano, Minnesota. "The potatoes cook up quickly when thinly sliced-and are nicely flavored by the tomato sauce and pepperoni."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 5 large unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- In a 12 in. nonstick skillet, melt butter; remove from the heat. Arrange potatoes on the bottom and up the sides of skillet; sprinkle with onion, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; layer with half of the tomato sauce, all of the pepperoni and tomatoes, and the remaining tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 487 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 27, 2014
This is a **have to try soon** dish! Thank you for sharing.
Jun 4, 2012
Very yummy with simple ingredients that you always have on hand. The flavor is good too. Different twist on potatoes which is sure to please. :)