Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 3 cups finely shredded peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- Applesauce or maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a sieve or colander, drain potatoes, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in eggs until blended. Add onion and reserved potatoes; toss to coat.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a preheated greased skillet. Fry in batches until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce or syrup if desired. Yield: 12 (2-inch) pancakes.
1 each: 77 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Potato Pancakes
"I didn't peel the potatoes and used the coarse side of the grater because it is faster. They turned out fine."
"These reminded me of the potato pancakes my mother used to make when I was a child. Absolutely delicious!"
"the potato mix kept on getting more and more soupy like"
"Oh so good! Just like my grandmother used to make.~ Theresa"
"These pancakes are crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and very tasty. I'm throwing out my old recipe!"