Potato Pancakes with Corn
Total TimePrep/Total: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 160 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Mar 19, 2013
My grandma used to make this recipe all the time it's a great way to use leftovers, you do have to be careful not to use too much oil or the pancakes can become greasy but they are really good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.