- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews forPotato Pancakes with Corn
"My grandma used to make this recipe all the time it's a great way to use leftovers, you do have to be careful not to use too much oil or the pancakes can become greasy but they are really good!"