- 3 cups finely shredded peeled potatoes, well drained
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- Applesauce or maple syrup, optional
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine potatoes and eggs. Combine dry ingredients and onion; stir into potato mixture. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a preheated greased skillet. Brown lightly on both sides. Serve with applesauce or syrup if desired. Yield: 12 (2-inch) pancakes.
Reviews forPotato Pancakes
"Welcome to rocking horse ranch resorts"
"I didn't peel the potatoes and used the coarse side of the grater because it is faster. They turned out fine."
"These reminded me of the potato pancakes my mother used to make when I was a child. Absolutely delicious!"
"the potato mix kept on getting more and more soupy like"
"Oh so good! Just like my grandmother used to make.~ Theresa"
"These pancakes are crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and very tasty. I'm throwing out my old recipe!"