Potato Pan Rolls Recipe
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- Additional all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in mashed potatoes and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 16 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in two greased 8- or 9-in. round baking pans or ovenproof skillets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle tops of rolls with additional flour. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 roll: 163 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Potato Pan Rolls
"Super yummy and very easy to make! Followed the recipe exactly. Will defiantly make these again and again!"