- 1 large baking potato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Scrub potato and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a greased broiler pan; sprinkle with salt. Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown. Turn potatoes; broil until tender. Drizzle with taco sauce; sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese and olives. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Microwave Method: Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate; sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with half of the taco sauce. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until tender, rotating plate once. Drizzle with remaining taco sauce; sprinkle with green onions, chilies, cheese and olives. Cover and cook for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 snack servings.
Reviews forPotato Nachos
"What's not to like? Potatos, in any form, GREAT!...Nachos. Well, Yo no puedo tener suficiente!!I made this recipe exatly as written and the result was very good.I made a 2nd batch with a couple of personal changes.First, I quadrupled the recipe. Next, I nixed the taco sauce. Instead, when they came out of the oven, I sprinkled my own homemade "hot" salsa on them.Since I like "fire in my mexican dishes, I used diced Jalapeno AND Habanero peppers in place of the green chilies.Oh yeah, one other thing....on top of the potatos, I put some finely cubed tomatoes!Don't get me wrong. No matter how you make these "Nachos" they are delicious!!"