- 1 pound red potatoes (3-4 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 3-4 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and kielbasa until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes; cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPotato Kielbasa Skillet
"Making this again tonight!! My kids and husband loved it. Great flavor and so easy!I have shared this with many friends and fellow campers. The key is to start with a kielbasa you like. It is simply delicious."
"I added nothing to this. I just cooked it exactly like it was written. It is so good. One of my favorite meals, and so easy to make."
"I really like the unique flavor combination of this recipe with the vinegar, mustard and sugar. However, the recipe is wrong on the potatoes. I've made this recipe in three different locations (read: three different microwaves), and the potatoes are still completely raw and hard after 3-4 minutes. I've never had it take less than three four minute bouts in the microwave, stirring after each."
"Superb meal. Adding it to our recipe repertoire!"
"Loved it. I did not have Dijon mustard, so I used 1 tsp ground mustard."
"My 13 year old make this for dinner last night! We loved it"
"I cooked the diced potato in the skillet until almost soft instead of microwaving. Added some salt and pepper.I also added 3 garlic cloves, and 2tbs of butter with the onions. Amazing! Will definitely make again"
"Our family thought it was OK. I won't make it again."
"I was looking for something different to do with kielbasa. I doubled the ingredients and the only change I made was to add a chopped red pepper and omitted the thyme. It was really good. The sauce pulled it all together. I'm definitely going to make this again."