Potato Ham Casserole
I love to experiment with new recipes. When I found this recipe, I played with it a bit. I always get compliments when I put it on the table.—Cheryl Runia, Lebanon, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- Combine the cheeses; sprinkle half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and peppers in butter until crisp-tender. Sprinkle over the cheese. Add the potatoes and ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a large bowl, combine the flour, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the eggs and milk; mix until smooth. Pour over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 331 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 971mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Potato Ham Bake in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.