Potato Ham Casserole
I love to experiment with new recipes. When I found this recipe, I played with it a bit. I always get compliments when I put it on the table.—Cheryl Runia, Lebanon, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- Combine the cheeses; sprinkle half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and peppers in butter until crisp-tender. Sprinkle over the cheese. Add the potatoes and ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a large bowl, combine the flour, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the eggs and milk; mix until smooth. Pour over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 331 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 971mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Potato Ham Bake in Casserole Cookbook