- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound grouper or other lean fish, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, stir-fry potatoes in butter and oil for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add fish, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Add to the skillet. Cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic. Cover and cook 4-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPotato Fish Skillet
"Good recipe. I did a lot differently. I used about one tablespoon each of olive oil and butter. Mahi Mahi instead of bass. Maybe a tablespoon of fresh rosemary from the garden."