Potato Egg Supper
"I serve this convenient all-in-one casserole with a green salad or pickled beets," informs Rosemary Flexman, Waukesha, Wisconsin. "I've taken it to church suppers many times. It's always a hit."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with bacon, eggs and remaining potatoes. In a saucepan, combine the soup, milk, onion and peppers. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Pour over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 474 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 260mg cholesterol, 991mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Potato Egg Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 2000
Nov 17, 2008
1 cup chopped cooked bacon.5-6 cups of potatoescream of mushroom and garlic soup.1/2-1 tsp. salt
Feb 19, 2008
Needs crushed red peppers, salt, and a shorter prep. time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.