"I serve this convenient all-in-one casserole with a green salad or pickled beets," informs Rosemary Flexman, Waukesha, Wisconsin. "I've taken it to church suppers many times. It's always a hit."
Recommended: 52 Heavenly Church Potluck Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with bacon, eggs and remaining potatoes. In a saucepan, combine the soup, milk, onion and peppers. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Pour over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato Egg Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p15
Reviews forPotato Egg Supper
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2008
"1 cup chopped cooked bacon.5-6 cups of potatoescream of mushroom and garlic soup.1/2-1 tsp. salt"
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2008
"Needs crushed red peppers, salt, and a shorter prep. time."