Potato Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 ounces thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1 pound white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 cups milk, room temperature, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups corn, fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In a 4-qt. microwave-safe bowl, cook bacon at full power until crisp, about 1-2 minutes. Add potatoes, onion and garlic; stir to coat with bacon drippings. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; microwave at full power 3 minutes. Add broth and red pepper; cover; return to microwave and cook until potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- 2. In separate bowl, stir 2 tablespoons milk into cornstarch; add to potatoes with remaining milk, salt, corn and green peppers. Stir well. Cover and cook, stirring twice, until vegetables are just tender, about 3-5 minutes. Just before serving, stir in green onion and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 186 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Potato Corn Chowder
"Loved this recipe. I used a little more chicken broth and a little less milk; also added a tablespoon of flour mixed w/ milk to make it a little thicker."