- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream cheese; stir until blended. Garnish with bacon and chives if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forPotato Chowder
"I made it per directions plus added a small can of corn. Not fan of bacon so left out. Delicious."
"Just made this today with a little modification. I cooked it on high for 6 hours. Then I used a small container of merkts sharp cheddar cheese along with the cream cheese. Melted down both in the microwave till creamy. Added it to the crock, then used my immersion blender to make it nice and creamy leaving some chunks. Now I can leave it on warm till dinnertime. We can add more salt to taste individually. Great tasting and easy! BTW I used one whole box container of chicken broth. Its just what I had on hand and it seemed to be the right amount for a creamy soup. I really think using the blender made a nice creamy soup, and if you wanted it smoother, just blend it a little more."
"Cream cheese would not completely melt so ended up with tiny clumps of cream cheese. If try again will bring cheese to room temp first as others recommend. Will also reduce volume of broth, maybe by as much as 1/3 to 32 oz. Taste was bland so needs tweaking."
"This was excellent!"
"This was very good. Agree with others, the cream cheese needs to at least be at room temperature to blend in. We added ham instead of bacon, garlic and more pepper."
"Very delicious and so easy to make!"
"If you are having trouble getting the cream cheese to blend without lumps you could try allowing it to soften first.."