- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 to 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square). Combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, basil and garlic; drizzle over chicken. top with potatoes, squash, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Fold foil over vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPotato Chicken Packets
"This really IS good. My kids don't care for the squash, so we simply omit it for them. My husband takes out the seasonings and just uses salt and pepper.It seems that this is a flexible recipe that works wonderfully for a simple meal. :)"
"Made this tonight and we loved it! So easy and no cleanup to speak of! I used fresh rosemary, thyme and basil since I have them growing just out the door! Used Carrots since I did not have potatoes and zucchini for the yellow sq. same reason. Lots of Vidalia onion too! Can easily be changed out with whatever you have on hand!"
"I followed this recipe exactly but unfortunately the only thing that cooked properly was the chicken. The vegetables were rock hard and the seasonings were overpowering. I would have nuked the vegetables to finish them off but we didn't like the strong flavors of the seasonings and after a couple of bites no one wanted to eat any more."
"Girl Scouts have done a version of this for years!"
"I've used this type of recipe for a long time My son loves it when I add cubed potatoes and carrots, sometimes I throw in frozen green beans or fresh brocolli florets. It works well in the oven, I usually cook it for aqbout 50 minutes to be sure it's all cooked"
"I am going to cook this in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It sounds good and will look pretty. I'll probably add a zuchinni too."
"Sounds great! I also would like to know the particulars for cooking this in a conventional oven. Thank you.E. Hill[email protected]"
"Re:Potato/chicken PacketsCan this be done in the oven?At what temp and for how long?J.Shaw NJ"