“My take is a great new twist on classic white pizza and is a favorite of all who try it," says Pam Metzinger, Wilmington, North Carolina. "Simple to create, this pizza is a potato lover's dream! Crumbled bacon is a delicious topper as well.”
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 prebaked mini pizza crust
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese (3/4 ounce each), divided
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet; top with four slices Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place potato slices in a small microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the potato, salt and pepper; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, mustard and garlic; spread over pizza. Layer with potato mixture, Muenster cheese, cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Potato Cheese Pizza in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p27