I'm lucky enough to have two daughters-in-law who are really great cooks. They have given me lots of recipes— including this one! I always take this casserole to potluck dinners.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 saltine crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, pimientos, green pepper, milk, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix thoroughly; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with crackers. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Potato Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.