Potato Brunch Medley
THIS is a nice departure from the customary hash browns for breakfast or brunch…a colorful, tasty combination of vegetables, it’s a compatible side dish to eggs prepared in anyone’s favorite way.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute potato in butter for 8 minutes. Add the green pepper, onion and apple; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until potato begins to brown.
- Add the water, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until blended and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 216 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Potato, Pepper, Onion, Apple Marriage in Reminisce Extra May 2007