Potato Bean Skillet
"This is a quick side dish for a pork chop supper," notes Dixie Terry from Goreville, Illinois. "Our eight grandkids like its mild sweet-and-sour taste. However, the recipe has to be doubled or tripled when they're around for supper!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans and potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute beans, potatoes and onion in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cook and stir over medium heat until the liquid is evaporated.