"This is a quick side dish for a pork chop supper," notes Dixie Terry from Goreville, Illinois. "Our eight grandkids like its mild sweet-and-sour taste. However, the recipe has to be doubled or tripled when they're around for supper!"
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans and potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute beans, potatoes and onion in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cook and stir over medium heat until the liquid is evaporated. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Potato Bean Skillet in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p56
Reviews forPotato Bean Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2014
"This recipe is wonderful. I added chickpeas and made this a meatless main dish.Kamilla A. FowlerKansas City, KS"