This potato dish is so popular at our house, we argue over who gets the leftovers. I grow my own herbs, so I usually use fresh basil in this recipe, but dried works just as well. We love this for dinner with fruit salad and English muffins. It also makes a hearty breakfast for the weekend. —Terri Zobel, Raleigh, North Carolina
Featured In: 30 Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; add 1 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, green pepper and potatoes in oil until tender. Add the egg substitute, basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato Basil Scramble in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p7
Reviews for Potato Basil Scramble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review