- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in drippings until tender; drain. Add to undrained potatoes. Stir in the soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through (do not boil).
- Crumble bacon; set aside 1/4 cup. Add remaining bacon to soup along with parsley. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPotato Bacon Chowder
"This soup is good on a cold winters day. I doubled the recipe to get a pot of soup. It calls for a lot of bacon and I used 3/4 of what it called for. I also used one can of cream of chicken and a half a can of cream of mushroom, as I didn't have two cans of cream of chicken. My husband and Son loved this soup."
"This is quite good and so easy. My husband loved it!"
"I liked this recipe. It was extremely easy to follow, and it turned out tasting very good. Even my picky 5-year-old ate it (he loves bacon). Thank you!"
"It was ok. A little to rich for my taste. Next time I think I will substitute the milk, sour cream and cream of chicken for half and half."
"11-08-2012Great Falls, MontanaWe are getting our first major snow storm of the season, I made this recipe this evening for dinner. AWESOME !!! Thank you for sharing Jacque !"