- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and oregano for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Stir in broth and red peppers; bring to a boil.
- Top with pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and meat juices run clear, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPotato and Pork Skillet
"I think this recipe could have used a lot more seasoning. Salt would have been a good addition. I almost added it when cooking the pork chops, but wanted to make it as is. Should have gone with my gut. Luckily I made this recipe with the Pea Pods and Peppers Recipe on this site as well so we mixed that in with the pork recipe on our plates and that added a ton more flavor."
"pork chops are verry moist I used garlic pepper and a dash of papreka on chops added more baby red potatos and it came out fantastic. wife loved it. will add to my recipe list. thanks for sharing this recipe."
"The pork chops turned out very tender, however, I thought it was a little bland. I may make it again just to see if it would turn out differently."