Potato and Leek Soup Recipe
Chock-full of veggies and bacon with just a little tanginess from sour cream, bowls of this comforting soup taste just as terrific with a sandwich as they do with crackers. —Melanie Wooden, Reno, Nevada
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Combine the first 11 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Before serving, combine sour cream with 1 cup soup; return all to the slow cooker. Stir in bacon and discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Potato and Leek Soup
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2015
"great soup ,the flavour is just right; will have it for lunch to-day ,yum yum;"
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2014
"Perfect for a rainy day"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC