Potato and Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
- 4 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or 1-1/2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in celery and red pepper; simmer for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to low. Gradually stir in mayonnaise until blended. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Add potato flakes and pepper; mix well. Remove from the heat; let stand for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 341 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 24, 2013
Confused I have the recipe book this is supposed to be in same picture and name so I came on here to check reviews before I made it the recipes don't even come near each other completly different
Jan 6, 2009
I made this ahead of time for a party and kept it warm in the crockpot. I thickened it up with more potato flakes. Everyone absolutely raved about it! A truly delicious recipe!