- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced fresh kale
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in seasonings. Add potatoes, kale, milk and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into soup. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPotato, Sausage & Kale Soup
"I prepared this recipe tonight for dinner despite the current unFall-like temperatures in NC. It was a big hit with my family. I substituted ground chicken for pork & seasoned ithe meat with poultry seasoning and minced garlic. It is definitely a keeper! I plan to serve it at my Thanksgiving eve family dinner!"
"Awesome recipe. I am making it again this evening for the second time! I add red pepper flakes to the sausage and it is as good as if not better than Olive Gardens "Zuppa Toscana"!Only about 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp depending how spicy you like it! :D"
"This soup is a big hit at my house! It's creamy and all the flavors blend together so well! Definitely a keeper!"
"This was delicious! My family loved it so much everyone went back for seconds."