Served with eggs, salsa and refried beans, these bacon-wrapped potatoes are part of a traditional Mexican breakfast. But they're just as good with toast and a fruit cup— and they make a great side dish at dinner.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Garlic salt to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic salt. Brush over potatoes. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley and salt. Wrap a bacon slice around each potato; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased baking dish; bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Potatas Forradas in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.