Served with eggs, salsa and refried beans, these bacon-wrapped potatoes are part of a traditional Mexican breakfast. But they're just as good with toast and a fruit cup— and they make a great side dish at dinner.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Garlic salt to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic salt. Brush over potatoes. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley and salt. Wrap a bacon slice around each potato; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased baking dish; bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Potatas Forradas in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook