Pot o’ Gold Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Add potato flakes; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt and chili powder. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through ( do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 285 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 8, 2013
I make this every year for St. Pat's Day - yummy!
Oct 5, 2009
AWESOME! I added ground turky sausage to make this a main course! I can't wait to make it again!!!
Jul 21, 2009
I loved this recipe. I used it as a main course by adding ground turkey sausage!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.