- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Dash salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and extracts.
- Combine the flour, almonds and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine the icing ingredients; decorate cookies as desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPot o' Gold Cookies
"These were amazing! Love them Love them Love them."
"These cookies wre good, however, I did not get the 44 serving, probably I made them too large. I used Wilton cookie icing to save time. It worked well and the cookies looked great."