This salad could make a great entree as well as a side. The combination of the onions and the portobello mushrooms is so delicious, further enhanced by the flavorful dressing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushroom and onion in oil until tender. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach, mushroom mixture and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 290 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Portabello Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra January 2010