This salad could make a great entree as well as a side. The combination of the onions and the portobello mushrooms is so delicious, further enhanced by the flavorful dressing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushroom and onion in oil until tender. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach, mushroom mixture and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 290 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Portabello Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra January 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.