Portobello Spinach Frittata
Loaded with cheese, spinach and mushrooms, this absolutely delicious quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even lunch! Irene Turner of Alma, Wisconsin shares the recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, salt and pepper. Stir in mushrooms and onions.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 130 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 14, 2013
This was so easy, so yummy, & so healthy!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC