Portobello Spinach Frittata
Loaded with cheese, spinach and mushrooms, this absolutely delicious quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even lunch! Irene Turner of Alma, Wisconsin shares the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, salt and pepper. Stir in mushrooms and onions.
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 130 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spinach & Mushroom Delight in Light & Tasty February/March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.