Loaded with cheese, spinach and mushrooms, this absolutely delicious quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even lunch! Irene Turner of Alma, Wisconsin shares the recipe.
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, salt and pepper. Stir in mushrooms and onions.
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Spinach Frittata in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p57