- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, salt and pepper in oil until mushrooms are tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley, flour, garlic powder and pepper flakes. Drain spaghetti; add to sour cream mixture. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with mushrooms and marinara sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forPortobello Spaghetti Casserole
"Yummy. I used 1/4 t. dried parsley instead of fresh."
"easy and tastes yummy reheated too."
"Delicious vegetarian entree. Used whole wheat pasta & mild salsa (in place of marinara sauce)"
"This is very good as we love portobello mushrooms. My husband really liked it. It is great reheated too."
"Simple to make and very tasty!"
"This is a wonderful meatless recipe! My husband said,"it's a keeper!" So good leftover too. Just add some extra sauce!"
"This recipe was not only quick to prepare and make but the finished result was outstanding! My family loved it as well as I did!!!"
"the only thing different I did was to add about 3/4c. more sauce,as my hubby likes a wet pasta. Really tasty & may add some veggies the next time, a keeper..thank you for posting...."