- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Spread cut sides of buns with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the beef, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper in remaining butter until mushrooms are tender. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPortobello Roast Beef Hoagies
"Plan on making these soon, though will leave out horseradish. A great side dish would be homemade potato salad."
"My husband LOVES these"
"is that the correct calorie count seems very high or is tha t for the whole recipe"
"Great! Fast and yummy."
"My husband likes roast beef sandwhiches so I thought I'd give it a try. It was very fast and the whole family loved it!"
"My whole family loved this recipe!! I left out the rosemary, and the sandwiches were still outstanding. I will be making these sandwiches for dinner again soon, for sure!!"