Portobello Roast Beef Hoagies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Spread cut sides of buns with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the beef, mushrooms, rosemary and pepper in remaining butter until mushrooms are tender. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 722 calories, 39g fat (22g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1637mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fiber), 43g protein.
Jun 5, 2013
Plan on making these soon, though will leave out horseradish. A great side dish would be homemade potato salad.
Oct 8, 2012
My husband LOVES these
Jul 12, 2012
My husband LOVES this sandwich! I sauté sliced onions with the mushrooms and beef.
Sep 30, 2011
is that the correct calorie count seems very high or is tha t for the whole recipe
Jun 4, 2010
Great! Fast and yummy.
Apr 15, 2010
My husband likes roast beef sandwhiches so I thought I'd give it a try. It was very fast and the whole family loved it!
Aug 2, 2009
Really really like these. Easy, quick, and delicious. Will try another variety of this using ham and swiss.
Aug 30, 2008
My whole family loved this recipe!! I left out the rosemary, and the sandwiches were still outstanding. I will be making these sandwiches for dinner again soon, for sure!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.