- 6 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepper, onion, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Divide among mushrooms; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPortobello Pizzas
"I made the recipe as is except I added a light sprinkle of red pepper flakes when served. Delicious recipe. Will make again. Friday is pizza night at my house for my husband and me. Crustless! Yea! And nutritious."
"I made this vegetarian by leaving out the meat and used almond mozzarella. Fantastic flavors! Thank You so much for sharing!"