Portobello Mushroom Pizza Cups
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (3 inches)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms; brush caps with oil. Place rounded sides down on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce, pepperoni, green pepper and 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is bubbly.
1 stuffed mushroom: 233 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 5, 2019These are excellent! Changed them up and added diced cooked chicken
Dec 31, 1969
Very fast, easy, and tasty!
Jun 18, 2013
an excellent dish for mushroom lovers! quick and easy. some of my mushrooms were about 4" across, so they weren't as "stuffed", but they were still great. i didn't use quite as much italian seasoning and i cut back on the pepperoni and the cheese.