Portobello Lamb Chops
A quick marinade gives subtle hints of peach along with the tang of balsamic vinegar to these lamb chops. Diane Barr — Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 lamb loin chops (2 inches thick and 5 ounces each
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add lamb chops and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 1-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and rosemary; brush over mushrooms. Lightly oil grill rack.
- Grill lamb chops and mushrooms, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Slice mushrooms and serve with lamb chops.