Take a simple grilled cheese sandwich to the next level with the earthy, rustic flavors of Portobello mushrooms and gouda cheese. —Sheryl Bergman, Shady Side, Maryland
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Place cheese on two bread slices; top with mushrooms, tomato and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Portobello-Gouda Grilled Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p30
Reviews for Portobello-Gouda Grilled Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review