I serve portobello fajitas family-style so guests can build their own. Just pass the tortillas and garnishes like salsa, cheese, guacamole and sour cream. —Carolyn Butterfield, Lake Stevens, Washington
Featured In: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large portobello mushrooms (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms; with a spoon, scrape and remove gills. Cut mushrooms into 1/2-in. slices and place in a large bowl. Add pepper and onion; drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a lightly greased grill wok or open grill basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle vegetables with lime juice. Serve with tortillas, cheese and toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Fajitas in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015