- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, honey, salt and ginger until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add spinach; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender and spinach is wilted.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain linguine. Add chicken and linguine to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPortobello-Chicken Lo Mein
"This was really good. I prepped everything and my boyfriend actually cooked it all. He add chinese 5 spice, which kicked up the heat, it was really good. We also used whole wheat angel hair pasta, as he can't have carbs due to type 2 diabetes."
"January 1, 2011This is excellent it! My family and I enjoy it each time I prepare it.Vonnie Rutherford, Statesboro, GA"
"This is a wonderful recipe! My family compliments it each time I serve it.Vonnie Rutherford, Statesboro, GA"
"Reading the reviews I wonder what we missed. My husband and I made this last night, exactly as printed, but found it very bland, lacking in flavor. Maybe seasoning the chicken before cooking might have helped a little."
"Easiest Asian-inspired dish! I skipped the ginger and it still turned out great!"
"easy and great taste. Will make a little more sauce next time."
"Loved it! easy to make. Very light."