Portobello Burgers with Pear-Walnut Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 4 slices onion
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and thyme; add the mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- In a small skillet, saute pear in oil and lemon juice until tender; cool slightly. Place in a small food processor; cover and process until blended. Stir in mayonnaise and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Top with onion and cheese slices. Grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with arugula and mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPortobello Burgers with Pear-Walnut Mayonnaise
"This were absolutely delicious! I'm a vegetarian and these were THE BEST vegetarian burgers I've ever made."
"We made these tonight and they were fantastic! We grilled them and lightly toasted the buns. We used blue cheese crumbles on the onion under a piece of provolone, the flavors melded together and we will for sure make this again!"